6 count pattern Q1Q 2S1 S2 (counted: 12 3 5)
Leader' start Left
Followers start Right
Styles: Ballroom style is smooth; it glides.
TX/AZ club style has sway & bounce.
1. Torsos roughly parallel.
2. L offset to left, Right feet between the other's feet.
3. L's RH conforms to shape of F's closest shoulder blade.
4. L's Right arm and hand are firm so F can "sit" into it.
5. F's Left forearm arm rests on L's R upper arm.
6. L's Right arm is high so F's tricep rests on L's forearm.
1. F's: turn under the hand connection, free hand goes first
2. F's: use your L's hand as a pivot point. Don't push up:
leverage down slightly. L's: No cranking.
3. L&F: Stay close to your partner.
4. L's: keep turn hand in front of F's head,
watch F as she turns. Gliding pivot: fingers/
5. L&F: look in direction you want the turn.
6. F's Right turns (OT): lift and look S2, turn Q1Q2
7. F's Left turns (IT): prep to inside S2, turn Q1Q2
8. Multiple turns: ½ turn per beat
1. LOD - L faces line of dance (default ballroom position)
2. BLOD - L faces opposite line of dance
3. ROP - Right Outside Partner, F is on L's right
PROMENADE POSITION: from LOD, L moves ahead Q1Q2
TWO HAND POSITIONS - from LOD
(connect fingers, not whole hand.)
1. SKATER'S: from F's IT,
change to R-R (F's hip) & L-L hands
2. CAPE/ SWEETHEART/ SHADOW:
F's 1.5 OT, change to R-R (F's
shoulder) & L-L hands
3. CUDDLE/ WRAP: from F's IT, take F's LH on the turn
SEQ1: LOD 4x - ROP 4x
SEQ2: LOD 3x - to PROM
PROM 3x - ½ REVOLVE to LOD
SEQ3: LOD 3x - L's WALKAROUND to BLOD -
REVOLVE to LOD
SEQ4: LOD 3x - F's IT
SEQ5: LOD 3x - F's OT
SEQ6: LOD 3x - F's OT - F's IT
SEQ7: LOD - CAPE - WRAP -
- LOD (all F's IT)
hands asap when F starts IT.
REVOLVE - from BLOD L side S1, pivot S2
L's WALKAROUND to BLOD - start Q1Q2
CHECKS - from cuddle or any variant - S1:in, S2:out
F's 2OT - 1st turn Q1Q2, 2ne turn S1
F's OT & IT - check S2F facing LOD, IT Q1Q2
GRAPEVINE - from PROM,
cross Q2, return to LOD S1
PUSHOFF GRAPVINE - from WRAP,
F's 1.5 IT Q1 to 2BLOD (hands touch 2nd Q2)
CROSS BODY LEAD - from BLOD,
open S2, CBL Q1Q2, (L: side together Q1Q2)
OPP. GRAPEVINE - from LOD,
F's OT to 2H, F LOD & L BLOD 1st Q1Q2
CHECK WEAVE - from LOD,
F's 1.5 OT to 1H 2BLOD, L's IT L&F switching
sides, F's 2IT L&F switching sides.
FLICK TURNS - from WRAP, F's IT to 2BLOD 1H,
L&F turn 1.5x towards each other to 2LOD,